Murray's blog with the unforgettable URL
Sunday, August 14, 2005
  Time for a fresh start.
Y'know, I kinda gave up on having a blog thing, then I realised that I didn't particularly want anyone reading my innermost private thoughts, so I deleted all the posts I made previously, including that one about the squirrel which I DIDN'T MOLEST, SO STOP ACCUSING ME.

Anyway, I still want to write something every day, just because I know that practise is the only way to improve my writing skills. I mean, I can write this just now and think "heh, squirrels," but when I come back to it in a few weeks time, I'll go "wow, that's rubbish." This isn't particularly great, especially when there is an option to delete posts. I'll try not to, because it can be interesting going through old things and thinking "wow, that's rubbish, but did I really write that? I do like that one bit," such as in that one story I wroted called Rambling Bull, where suddenly it goes:

"It's a frog!!" he yelled. "No! It's a hippo!!" I screamed in return. Later we were disappointed to find that it was a "frippo".

completely without warning. I still find that sort of hilarious. Mostly the second line these days though. The rest of that story though, rubbish, except maybe that line about swiss cheese that I probably stole from someone. Anyway, the point is that I must write something everyday, and I must try not to have it just be some random post about how today was spent doing nothing, or folding 49,000 sheets of paper (both common occurences in my life), but perhaps some deep internal searching, or even just a short story that pops into my head while I'm logged into Blogger.

We'll see. Well, I will, because I still don't plan on telling anyone about the blog thing, so nobody is reading this thing...
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Inspired by UH&P Man's "Life through the rose-tinted lens o' bile," Murray Barnes has decided to create his own "blog", and here it is for your pleasure:

My Photo
Name:
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Well, what can I say about myself? Not a lot really, because I currently need the toilet really badly, which is stopping me from concentrating. Another time maybe?

ARCHIVES
August 2005 / January 2006 /


Powered by Blogger